Over time pet ownership can wreak havoc on your carpet and furniture. Daily living and accidents alike can create stains and odors that are tough to remove. We understand that pet stain removal can be especially frustrating and we want to help.
Urine Stain and Odor Removal
Urine stains can be especially difficult to remove and can often leave a lingering scent. To get the best results possible, follow our step-by-step process below and use our Spotting Solutions.
Urea, uric acid, ammonia, organic acids, pigments, cholesterol, albumins, proteoses.
Yellowish or brown, darkening with age, absorbed.
1. Blot up as much of the stain as possible if still wet.
2. Lightly apply detergent solution, blot to dry.
3. Cover the area with ammonia solution, blot dry.
4. Apply vinegar solution, blot.
5. Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.
6. If stain remains apply rust remover or oxaclic acid solution.
7. Bleaching with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate may be necessary. *Urine stains may cause permanent dye removal from fibers.