Food can be incredibly messy and create stains on your favorite clothes, furniture, or carpet. Ketchup and tomato sauces are no exception. These red additions to our meals add flavor but can leave lasting stains if not cleaned appropriately. Here are the steps that show how to remove ketchup stains.
Ketchup Stain and Odor Removal
Ketchup and tomato based stains can be difficult to remove and can often leave a lingering residue. To get the best results possible, follow our step-by-step process below and use our Spotting Solutions.
Tomatoes, salt, sugar, spices, tannin, vinegar, onions.
Reddish-brown, absorbed & built-up
1. Apply cool detergent solution, blot.
2. Apply ammonia solution, blot.
3. Apply enzyme detergent, blot.
4. If stain remains, bleach with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate/
5. Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.