Wine pairs perfectly with your favorite dishes but not so much with your carpet or furniture. Whether you prefer a chardonnay or a merlot, spilling red wine on your carpet is an inevitable party foul that we have all unfortunately experienced. Cleaning up the wine stain after a holiday get-together, dinner, or even a night spent watching a movie can be troublesome but we are here to help. The information below is intended to give you the best possible chance at removing your red wine stain. However, your results may vary based on the location and severity of the wine stain.
Red Wine Stain Removal
Red wine stain removal can be especially difficult often leave a lingering scent. To get the best results possible, follow our step-by-step process below and use our Spotting Solutions.
Alcohol, sugars, tannin, coloring matter.
Reddish, opaque, purplish, absorbed.
1. Apply detergent solution, blot.
2. Apply vinegar solution, blot.
3. Apply ammonia solution, blot.
4. If necessary, bleach with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate (Pretest First).
5. Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.